Over six months ago, Happy decided he wanted to spend his 30th birthday skiing. He spent many spring break weeks in Colorado with friends skiing, but had not been skiing since college. I have never been, but was excited to learn! Grandpa and grandma Auer kept Jake while we were away, so we could devote our attention to the slopes and the night life in Breck. Kris actually drank a margarita while we were there!
Both of us did better on the mountain than expected. Kris spent most of his time on the blue and black slopes. I never made it off the green ones, but made a lot of progress!
The International Snow Sculpture competition was being held while we were there, which was interesting. Most of our evenings were spent walking from our lodge to get dinner and drinks, but we were we never stayed out too late!
As we drove home, Kris vowed to make it an annual trip. I don't think he will have any problem finding someone to go with him!
No comments:
Post a Comment